July 2, 2009

Don't Let the Worms Win!

Animal Planet had a show on last night called “Monsters Inside Me.” It tells real stories of parasites (like worms!) invading bodies. It’s definitely nasty.

And we at Ultra-Gross! loved it!

The show included this line from a wildlife biologist who was handling a raccoon: “I’m going to turn the animal over, and I’m going to slowly insert my finger into its rectum to get fecal material on my glove.” (He was checking to see if the animal had roundworm. It didn't.)

Next week’s episode is about a man who gets a lungworm. His quote: “I’m not going to be scared. That would be like letting the worms win.

“Monsters Inside Me” is on Animal Planet, Wednesday 9 PM Eastern and Pacific times; 8 PM Central. See a sneak peek here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No bad words, thanks!