September 9, 2010

Shrimp Cocktail Toes: A disgusting hors d’oeuvre!

Have you ever heard of shrimp cocktail toes? Me neither! But today, I learned that they are a bigtime fashion mistake.

Shrimp cocktail toes are what you call a woman’s tootsies if she is wearing open-faced shoes that are too small. This makes her toes pop out and perch over the edge of her shoes…like a shrimp cocktail! (These are also simply called "cocktail toes".)

I wonder what would happen if you harvested some toe jam from shrimp cocktail toes? Hey, it would be a seafood hors d’oeuvre that you could spread on toast!
Top photo from here.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Guru of Gross,

    I am just curious why it is that toes illicit such derogatory images in our society? Here you speak of shrimp cocktail toes - which you can avoid by wearing white socks and becoming a German citizen - and there are other 'uncomplimentary' descriptions out there of the toe-y variety (as this is a PG rated site, I will only allude to a certain depiction dealing with a certain humpback desert mammal and women who chose 'choke' as the size for their shorts).

    I mean, are toes gross? Am I missing something? Am I talking to myself here? Hellllloooooo? Nobodies there, hm... what a toe head...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ziggy,

    I was raised to believe that there are two body parts that are almost never attractive and thus, are always disgusting.

    One (or ten!) of these body parts are toes.

    The other one is...well, you already know that one! You know? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* Right...ears! But as for toes, they are hotbeds of fungal infection, greenhouses for toe jam, and small and wriggly. Ugh!

    Furthermore, I refuse to grant any dignity to appendages known as "Little Piggies." Yes, when it comes to toes, I keep kosher!

    ReplyDelete

No bad words, thanks!