May 27, 2010

But I don't WANT to eat the Boston Celtics!

The NBA has all sorts of deals allowing companies to display team logos. This includes FOOD companies, so you’ll soon be able to eat your team’s logo. I don’t know WHY you’d want to eat your team. At first I thought I might want to eat my most-hated team’s logo (below), but now I’m afraid it would give me indigestion!

Anyway, the logos are made of sugar, starch and food coloring. They’re really thin, and when the cooked pizza comes out of the oven and is sliced, you put the logo on it. Then it sort of melts into the cheese. (Oh, and it’ll add about $5 to the pizza’s price.)

A guy speaking for Pizza Fest Edible Image Toppings, the company that makes these, put it this way: “Most Americans don't make it to an NBA game. This is how they create the experience for themselves.”

Hmmm…is it just me, or is that a little idiotic?
USA Today story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No bad words, thanks!