May 31, 2010

Hicklebee's Has the Most Awesome Bathroom in the World!

I went to San Jose this weekend, which gave me a chance to visit a bookstore I've heard many great things about: Hicklebee's!
It has everything you could want in a bookstore: a super-friendly staff and LOTS of books. It also has a legendary bathroom complete with sink, toilet, and artwork created by visiting writers and illustrators.

For example, I enjoyed the picture to the right by David Shannon.

And Eoin Colfer (of Artemis Fowl fame) left behind this an important bum-flap reminder, below.




Ooh, here's a surprising Santa Claus portrait by Marla FrazeeBut as I sat in the most awesome bathroom in the world, I realized two things:

1.) Somebody in the hallway was yelling, "What's taking so long?"

2.) I was never going to be able to photograph it all. I mean, this is just PART of the back of the door:



So it was with great regret that I reached for a poo-ticket ... and saw this handy instruction about the only foreign body that's supposed to end up in the toilet. 

Man, what a great bathroom experience! You know, I think that from now on, I'm going to go to Hicklebee's EVERY time I'm in San Jose and I need to "get a book."

No comments:

Post a Comment

No bad words, thanks!