January 29, 2012

Dog Poop Causes Blindness!

Via.
In the U.K. city county of Lancashire, people how don't clean up after their dog poop are in big trouble.

And they should be! It's uncool to leave a dog deuce for someone to step in. But it's not just that the poop is stinky and has germs.

Fran Gibbons, who's on the local city council, gave this dire warning:

"Dog [poop] can cause blindness – if an older person or young child happens to slip and get something in their eye, within months their sight could be gone."
Wow, really? 

Actually, no. I'm pretty certain this is, shall we say, crazy-talk. But I am sort of smirking at the thought of an older person (like me) slipping at the park and being launched face-first into a hound grumpy.

Staggering to my feet, I scream: "I CAN'T SEE! I'VE GONE BLIND!"

Then a little girl walking a pug says, "Please sir, open your eyes."

And I do. And I can see again!

Via.
BONUS: Dog poop agents in Lancashire may be equipped with night-vision goggles to catch dogs pooping in the dark. Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Um... I don't want to be too nit-picky, but Lancashire is not a city. It is a county which contains several cities, many towns, and countless villages.

    Eee, by gum, some folk are right gormless and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! thanks. Duly amended.

    Am I gormful now?

    ReplyDelete

No bad words, thanks!